All Antidote frames are custom built and painted to order. Manufacture process takes approximately 8 weeks. We will work with you one-on-one on paint choices and design to ensure your bike is 100% unique.
The Woodsprite offers a very quick and stable ride, a reassuring characteristic of longer-travel bikes, but its bespoke and shorter suspension layout encourages the rider to go airborne, saves energy and provides excellent feedback from the trail. It allows to squeeze out 100% of fun from a simple trail near your house, as well as pump you full of adrenaline on a rock garden in the mountains. It’s light, fast, it climbs great and goes downhill like a stabbed rat.
Does that sound like the definition of freedom in mountain biking? We sure think so.
The heart of the chassis is the new Floating Damping Suspension system. SMART FDS works basically the same as the original, but the smaller travel allowed for some streamlining. We used a single rocker link, and the rear shock is now fixed to the swingarm. This made the platform lighter, simpler and sleeker. An additional plus is a simplification of the production process. All of our goal parameters were achieved and the stiffness of the platform did not suffer
The smaller travel really comes into its own when paired with the geometry philosophy we apply to all our other models. The Woodsprite has a relatively long reach value which helps to move the centre of gravity between the wheels, depending on the situation on the trail. A balanced head angle doesn’t move the front wheel too far outwards, reducing the risk of washing out in corners. A fairly long chainstay keeps the rider in the middle of the bike, all while maintaining a long wheelbase, which ensures high stability at speed.
SMART FDS is an adaptation of FDS, tailored to the needs of light trail bikes. The shock retains its position behind the seat tube, employing the Split pivot solution. The major difference is making use of a fixed pivot point instead of the virtual setup in the FDS.
This is a choice we made seeing that the advantages of the original solution were not as beneficial in a smaller travel application, which renders the weight penalty associated with it pointless.
SMART FDS FEATURES
- Suitable for coil and air shocks
- Above average stiffness and durability of the frame thanks to a revised swingarm shape and optimising the carbon layup for the purpose
- FIxed pivot point provides favourable characteristics in applications up to 150 mm in travel
- Low centre of gravity owing to an exceptionally low placement of the shock
- 15% lower weight
FLOATING DAMPING SUSPENSION
- Progressive leverage curve inspired by motocross bikes, allowing for supreme small bump compliance without sacrificing the progressiveness required to handle extreme hits without bottoming out
- Unique and sleek design thanks to placing the shock behind the seat tube
- High anti squat throughout the cassette for maximum efficiency on the climbs.
- High anti rise throughout the travel
- Specifically tailored amount of pedal kickback for high stability over bumps, while retaining a lively suspension feel
- Rear shock does not rotate during travel, which results in additional sensitivity and less stress on bushings and bearings, prolonging their life
- No shock mounting points on the front end of the frame allows for optimal stress distribution
- WHEELS: 29”
- TRAVEL: 120-135 mm
- Recommended fork: 29” 140-150mm
- Recommended fork offset: 42-44mm
- Tire clearance: 2,6”
- REAR SHOCK: 210×50/55mm
- SEATPOST SIZE: 30,9mm
- REAR HUB: boost 12×148 mm
- BB: threaded
- ISCG 05 Mount
- CHAIN LINE: 52 or 55mm (compatible with SRAM and Shimano cranksets)
- CHAINRING: 29” max 34T
- HEADSET: Semi-integrated 1 1/8” – 1,5” (ZS – 44,00mm x 55,95mm)
- MATERIAL: Monocoque Carbon & Vectran Composite
- BOLTS: Ti & Aerospace aluminium alloys
- MAX LLU: all bearings
- LINKS: 7075 T6 Anodized CNC
- Integrated seatpost clamp
- Custom Flat/PM 180 mm or 203 mm Brake adapter
- Sizes: M, L, XL, WEIGHT: 2,5 Kg (M size with all protectors)